Monday, November 14, 2011

Odds and Ends


A few years ago I paid off all of my credit cards and I have never used a credit card again and never will. I am a big fan of Dave Ramsey and if you don't know who he is, check him out! He is all about being debt free. When I made the decision to pay off my credit cards, I had to not only make extra payments to pay them off but I also had to pay cash for everything that I needed. I the pain was akin to getting your teeth pulled without and novocain. No joke. This was 2 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Now that I am renovating "The House" I think it is going to be a lot like paying off the credit cards. I will have to do that extra work to make the renovations happen, and at the same time keep up on the normal things that need to be repaired that is an ongoing problem with a 125 year old farm. I am up for the challenge.

Now with that being said............................


The miter saw is here! The miter saw is here! Oh it is like Christmas in November and............ the windows are here!!!! That is the good news!

But here is the bad news: I have like 3 projects that are started but not yet finished. In this order:

1) Buck Hut is NOT done. (Can you believe it? Me either)
2) Flooring in dining area in not finished (What? it has only been 2 months since I started this project)
3) Barn door needs to be repaired and rehung. (1 hour repair- 1 measly hour..............)

While I was thinking about this I was trying to think of some good excuses of why I haven't got this done. I have everything I need to do these but the tin to do the buck hut roof. Unbelievable. So with that being said, I have made it a G-O-A-L to get these 3 things done this week because Big L is off school next week for the holiday. I want to start re framing the window area while he is off.

I thought by writing this down it would help shame motivate me into getting it done. We shall see. I think I will go to Menards and pick up my windows and some tin up this afternoon. Maybe that will help motivate me more.

No comments:

Post a Comment