Monday, July 9, 2012

I had a little side project that I must show off!


The heat wave is starting to break here in the Midwest and I am still diligently working on the laundry room. Without being overly optimistic I think I actually have everything demo'ed out of that area and I am actually starting to put  things back together. I did do a small side project that I forgot to share!!!  


I do live in a farm house THAT HAS NO FRONT PORCH....... yet! But I am mildly obsessed with porch swings. Well.....more that mildly obsessed. But what is a girl to do who wants a porch swing that has no porch??? First you find this gem on Craigslist:




Crappy pic I know! This was one of those glider thingy's. The kind of one that had a frame that it sat in. So when I called the nice lady that lived in a less than desirable neighborhood about her swing (wood seat), she said that she would take $15.00 dollars for it. WHAT?? I WILL BE RIGHT THERE!! 


Normally I L-O-V-E me some Craigslist! Love, Love, Love Craigslist!!! But I hate when you pull up to a house and wonder if this is your last day on earth.  Yes Craigslist can take you to creepy places.


I get there and buy the swing seat thingy and tell the nice lady in the bad end of town that I am leaving all the frame that is suppose to go with it. She didn't seem to mind but she wanted to know what I was going to do with the seat without the glider. So I explained to her, while watching for random gunfire, that I was going to paint it and hang it up. She just stared at me and said, "To each there own." Snagged the money and went back in the house. The whole thing was very strange.

So here is my swing that Big L and his buddy Cody hung up for me in a walnut tree on the other side of the driveway. I sit here all the time. It faces across the road where there is no work to be done. It is shady. It is comfy. I love it






The break down in cost is: Swing $15.00 Paint $10.00, Chains rated at 800 pounds $60.00. Watching Big L and Cody climb 20 feet up in the tree to place the chains..............PRICELESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment