Monday, February 25, 2013

My Demolition Team!



Here are some pics from the master bedroom pics from last weekend. My son and 3 of his buddy's are always looking to make a little cash. So I offered them pay for in exchange for demo. Two of the boys were all over it, but Cody and Big L were very hesitant because they were ones who took down the living room/dining room ceiling. They finally conceded and were set to come out on a Sunday morning at 6am. 

Sunday morning came and the gang was all here! I was trying to "help" them but they insisted that I was just in the way. So here is what it looked like when they started:


Here is what it looked like 6 hours later. When they dropped the ceiling, there was about a foot of insulation under the layers of lathe and plaster AND there was a bale of straw that birds have brought in over the years. It was a roll off full. See all the gray spots on the roof line???? Those are mud dobbers nest, or hornets nest.


You can see a better pic of them here:


Here are the walls all cleaned up.


And here is what is left of the electrical:


And here is more "hidden electrical" It is located in the ceiling. It is not code for many reasons and I will be moving all of it 3 feet west to my closet light junction box that I am going to be putting in. I will talking more about electrical later.



I still haven't got insulation in my room which was fine for the most part except, when it is 5 degrees outside, it is 5 degrees in my bedroom. I have an electric blanket and 5 quilts on my bed. It is nice in warm.......under the covers. Getting up in the morning is another story.But NOW I don't have electricity in my room so no more electric blankey! AND I can't put up insulation until I get the electric ran up in the celing and walls. AND I can't put in new electric until I get problems like the one pictured above, resolved. AND I can't work on putting a light and electric inthe closet until I empty it. AND I have to run to the store to get some totes to empty my closet.......It is like a never ending list of:

 "I have to do this (fill in the blank)............ Before I can do this (fill in the blank).

But I am making progress!

:)

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am regular reader, how aге you everybody?
    Thiѕ piесe οf ωrіting ρosted аt this ωeb site іs
    genuinely gooԁ.

    Here іs my ѕіte - celebrity vegan diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya i am for thе fіrst timе hеre.
    I camе aсross this bοarԁ and I fіnԁ Ӏt really usеful & it hеlpeԁ me out a lot.

    I hope to give something bаck and hеlp оthers likе yοu helped
    me.

    Here iѕ my web рage ... long tail pro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there just wanteԁ to givе you a quick hеads up.


    Тhе wordѕ іn your article seem
    to be running off the screen in Firefox.

    Fеel free to ѕurf to my sitе; exercise

    ReplyDelete